Updated 11:05 a.m. PT, April 27, 2020
Emergency Loan solution for our members
Due to overwhelming demand, we have had to discontinue new applications for this program at this time. We will continue to explore ways to expand and reopen this program with our community partners and will update this page if there are any changes in availability.
We will continue to help our members and community during this difficult time. Please contact our Member Service team if we can assist at [email protected] or at 503.546.5000.
Limited Branch Access Starting 3/19/2020
State and federal authorities continue to encourage all organizations to do their part to decrease the spread of acute respiratory illness and lower the impact of COVID-19. Out of an abundance of caution, Point West will limit in-person access to the branch effective Thursday, March 19, 2020. We remain committed to your financial wellbeing and our Member Service team is standing by to assist.
Starting Thursday morning, 3/19:
- Only three (3) members may be in the branch at any one time.
- Branch doors will remain locked during business hours, and members will need to wait for a Point West team member to open the door before entering the branch.
- Members will be helped in the order they are received, and you should be aware that if you do visit the branch, you may need to wait outside for extended periods based on branch traffic.
Before considering a visit to our branch, please consider using our other channels to manage your accounts. Our Member Service team is available at [email protected] or 503.546.5000; and you may access your accounts or funds via:
- Online Banking/Online Bill Pay
- Mobile Banking/Mobile Deposit
- PWCU or CO-OP ATM locations
Wishing you and your family all the best and good health. We look forward to supporting you as we continue to navigate safest way to support our membership and wider community.
The COVID-19 situation has not only impacted our health and wellness, but has completely shifted our current way of life. Children are home from school, family members may need support or care if they are ill, or folks may be out of work as an unprecedented number of businesses make the hard decision to close their doors for the greater good. Point West has stood with its members through good times and bad for nearly 90 years, and that remains true today – we’re here for you.
Let Point West help
For members worried about their current loans or accounts, our Member Service team is standing by to assist. We’re taking action to help support you during this time of uncertainty and hardship. Effective immediately, we will:
- Temporarily waive all Pay by Phone fees for members wanting to make a loan payment over the phone.
- Allow up to 2 months of consecutive Skip-a-Payments* with no fees on qualifying Point West loans.
- Provide loan modifications on all applicable loans** to reduce current payments.
- Provide a short-term emergency loan*** option with no payment for up to 45 days.
- Extend all new loan first payments out up to 45 days.
- Allow members with current certificates of deposit (CDs) to remove funds with no fees or penalty.
- Provide financial counseling and assistance via our partner BALANCE free of charge.
We’re here for you
If you have questions, concerns or just want more information, please contact our Member Service team at [email protected] or at 503.546.5000. We’ll also continue to provide updates on our COVID-19 response to you at our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts.
All the best to you and your family. We look forward to assisting you!
Greetings valued Point West member,
First and foremost, I hope you, your family and your friends are well during this difficult time. We at Point West are as concerned as you are for the wellbeing of our members, our employees and our community – which is why I’m reaching out to you.
Your health and safety matter to us
Nothing is more important than your health and safety. Point West is following the guidance provided by the CDC and Oregon Health Authority for cleanliness in the workplace. We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting inside our branch. Our staff have received extra disinfecting supplies and are encouraged to use them frequently.
Even with these measures in place, for the safety of our staff and members, we encourage you to avoid visiting the branch unless absolutely necessary. We understand how important access to your funds and accounts is at this time, which is why we provide a variety of solutions for you to access your membership 24/7, including:
- Online Banking
- Online Bill Pay
- Mobile Banking and Mobile Deposit
- PWCU and CO-OP Network ATMs for your cash needs
To assist you, we’ve created a Member Resources page on our website, which includes links to frequently used forms as well as our guide to Mobile Banking and Mobile Deposit. As always, if you have additional questions or concerns, please contact our Member Service team during our regular business hours at [email protected] or at 503.546.5000.
What comes next
The last few days have proven that this is a fast-moving and ever-changing situation. We promise to continue to update you and the rest of our membership regarding any changes to our services or access should changes need to be made.
We also recognize that some of our members are already suffering financially from the COVID-19 situation, and many of you may have questions regarding how Point West can help. Thank you for your feedback, and rest assured, we are here for you. We will have more information on the steps we are taking to assist members in need in the coming days. In the meantime, you can follow all of the latest updates at www.pointwestcu.com or via our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts.
Please be safe out there. Thank you for walking this path with us, and as always, thank you for your membership at Point West Credit Union.
Amy Nelson, President/CEO
Like so many of you, we have spent the last several weeks learning about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it is impacting the world and us locally here in the Pacific Northwest. We understand the growing concern surrounding the unknowns and we want you to know that your health and safety is our top priority. In order to keep you and our team safe, we are following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines to help prevent the spread of the virus.
CDC recommendations include:
- Wash your hands frequently, using soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or using an alcohol-based sanitizer. All our branches and operational facilities have these hand washing supplies on hand.
- Avoid touching your face – eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and throw away the tissue.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick or have flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath).
For more information, visit www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.
We’ve increased our regular cleaning schedule, and are encouraging our team to additionally disinfect their workstations and other high-touch areas frequently at our Lloyd Branch.
There are currently no plans for closure of the credit union, however, we will share any service interruptions that affect our members here on our website. For the most up-to-date info, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
If you are unable to or do not wish to come into the branch, you can access your account via the Point West Mobile App, Online Banking or any Point West or CO-OP Network ATM.
We will continue to monitor the situation and do all that we can to protect the health and safety of you and our team.